The following rates and fees have been updated for 2020.
Please note that these rates are simply a guide to help you gauge your costs. Text density, illustrations, complexity and other factors will influence the final project fee.
- $3.50 to $6 per book page
- Rush jobs: additional 25%
- Copy editing: $45 to $50 per hour
- Structural/stylistic editing: $50 to $60 per hour
- E-book formatting: $30 to $40 per hour
I am happy to negotiate a flat-fee rate for your project to help you stay within your budget. Contact me to discuss your project and obtain a detailed estimate.
- Contact me for a free consultation and to discuss various fee packages
Rates listed do not include GST/HST.
Rates in Canadian dollars.
Email agreements—in which we outline project scope, timelines, rates and fees, and service expectations—are usually sufficient for indexing and editing services. You may wish to have a more formal agreement. I will provide a contract based on the Editors’ Association of Canada “Agreement for Editing Services.”